Saturday 6 September 2008

Mercury Music Prize


Just a few days before the arguably most prestigious award in music is given out for 2008, I thought we should remind you of the nominees. Will Alex Turner get his second award after being nominated three years in a row? Will Radioheads method of releasing their album push them to the top of the pile? Can Burial or Elbow fulfill their prize winning predictions? Who knows. Personally I would like to see Laura Marling win and I know Pris soft spot for Alex Turner will guide her towards The Last Shadow Puppets. But I think we can all agree that it wont be Adele!!!

Adele '19'
British Sea Power 'Do You Like Rock Music?'
Burial 'Untrue'
Elbow 'The Seldom Seen Kid'
Estelle 'Shine'
Laura Marling 'Alas, I Cannot Swim'
Neon Neon 'Stainless Style'
Portico Quartet 'Knee Deep In The North Sea'
Rachel Unthank & The Winterset 'The Bairns'
Radiohead 'In Rainbows'
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss 'Raising Sand'
The Last Shadow Puppets 'The Age Of The Understatement'

The Nationwide Mercury Prize will be shown on at 10pm on Tuesday 9th on BBC2 for all the UK readers. For everyone else I expect it will be shown at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

well.. all i can say about is: tlsp wins ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you Jamie and Pri (especially on the Adele front, hehe), though I wouldn't mind Elbow or Neon Neon either.

Awards are nonsense anyway. :D