Tuesday 26 August 2008

It's evolution, baby!


I can't deny: I was really disappointed last year when I saw Lily Allen in a festival in São Paulo. She isn't as nice live as she is in her debut album "Alright, still". On the other hand, when I heard her new songs, even with they being incredibly different (calmer but with strong beats and great melodies), I got shocked. They are just really nice!

"I Don't Know" is my favourite song of hers at the moment. The keyboards in it are just fantastic and lines like "And I am a weapon of massive consumption" or "And I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore" are really clever. It clearly describes mixed feelings about being famous.

Maybe the Lily I saw drinking and smoking while singing on stage is now growing up. I have no idea if this song is her confession or not, but I'm absolutely sure that she won't talk about her toy brother who smokes weed and pull her head all day or how she is having the time of her life in this album. Let us just wait then...

DOWNLOAD: Lily Allen - I Don't Know (Demo)

Also, check Ms Allen's MySpace and listen to some other new songs.

No comments: